WOW!!
I just put a post about my blog on Facebook! I am both excited and nervous, as I don't tend to do well with exposing my inner thoughts, but this cause is near and dear to me, as they say.
I have struggled with my weight all my life, haven't enjoyed ANY exercise to speak of since I was in my teen years, and self esteem was, well ... let's just say that the real me hid well behind the "me" everyone else saw. In fact, real friends have told me they saw a me that I didn't see -- they were right. That self esteem thing will come at you and rob you if let it.
Performance and perfection was demanded of me from as far back as I can even recall, and I could do what I had to do to keep the wolves in my life at bay, but I finally realized I had to find me. I was well into losing weight, (then gaining back part or all of it) for the umpteenth time when I realized that food was my scapegoat. To be here, and be free, is new, but priceless to me.
Sharing my struggles with you all may be difficult at first, but now I know "I am perfect just the way I am, but with room for improvement." I love you for showing me this, CP(if you ever read my blog, you will know who you are), and so thankful I finally got it! I have found the truth, and it is within me, so I control a good bit of what goes in and out of my life, be it food, exercise, thoughts, people ... the choices are mine to make -- I can be as healthy as I want to be! Knowing this, I am now truly free to choose who I want to be, and implement positive change that works toward achieving health! I figure I will be at this the rest of my days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment