So last night my daughter made me a can of chicken noodle soup - lately, they have been doing commercials saying that there is 32 feet(I think) of noodles in every can. I think they must be right! Good Lord, tons of noodles.
Of nutritional note to me,
- the soup was extremely salty - didn't have the lower salt version handy. Gonna check that out next time I buy some -- see if it is really that much better for us.
- there was fat stuck to the spoon -- YUCK. I have heard you could put ice cubes on the top of the open can and that the fat will stick to it ... then, just throw away the ice? Need to give that a try!
This brings a new question ... What do those of us who seek healthy choices do when we are sick? I have to think about it seriously, and have the pantry ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment