Sunday, April 4, 2010

Aah, Easter Sunday, time for remembering my Christian heritage by observing the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ so that I might come to know Him and live my life hopefully pleasing to Him. This is the main reason I celebrated Easter, of course, but there are other things that come to mind, mainly the reminder through Jesus Christ, that life itself is all about making mistakes, experiencing the consequences, and seeking and receiving forgiveness, and the chance to renew and start again.


Isn't that also what happens every day when we wake up in the morning -- a new dawn, a new day, and a new chance to do it over again, but hopefully learn from any mistakes from the day before? And, the chance to take the new and positive things we have learned, and carry forth, enjoying the fruits of that labor of learning?


Each new day, I realize that what I did yesterday, is gone, and what I do today is for now ... if it is good and positive, I can incorporate the positive aspects into my soul and share with others what I have learned. For me, part of the learning curve has been to realize that just because it works for me, does not mean it works for you. Some things do, of course, but some are life lessons and changes meant for me to benefit from. So, enjoy the new birth that comes with remembering what God did for us through His son, Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that Spring itself bring about the opportunity for us all to renew and be renewed.


How does this fit in my health journey, I asked myself. Well, today, I have new choices and I have the option of making the good, postive health choices that benefit me or to make any number of choice with the opposite result. I am finally beginning to understand how responsible I am for my heath and well being choices. This has been a lifetime coming, but I embrace the challenge and look forward to reaching even higher than even my own imagination can dream!


I was able to enjoy my family today, which always brings me inner peace and strength at the same time. When I have the pleasure of having us all together, I always reflect as I look at the children(and I guess now they will know I do it if they read my blog) on what a wonder it is to be the vessel that God uses to bring life into this world, and then to have the privilege of nurturing them and watching them grow, only to become strong, independent, and loving human beings in their own right. "Wow," I always think, "You actually entrusted me with one of your own creations, God!" The flip side of this, as a parent, is that you tend to think of all the mistakes you made, but mistakes bring change, and growth, for parents and child, and in the end, I think they know, as they have always known, if you truly love and honor them.


From an eating perspective, I enjoyed fresh, wholesome food today for the first time in my life on Easter Sunday!! ANOTHER FIRST!! No, ham or grease or junk today, only the purest and best for me and mine, and I held the salt -- another first! I grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, marinated in olive oil, fresh lemon juice and zest, fresh rosemary, and garlic. Delicious!! I had steamed fresh yellow squash, zucchini, baby carrots, and asparagus mix, seasoned with Mrs. Dash. Then fresh salad, with homemade light ranch dressing(that way you can at least control some of what is in there) and a new balsamic vinaigrette. There were also mashed potatoes, from red potatoes, and an ever so small amt of Smart Balance spread, and skim milk. The entire meal was quite healthy, and we enjoyed it, and won't go to bed needing an Alka Seltzer or a Zantac tonight!!


So, I give myself stars for celebrating my first holiday in a totally healthy manner!!!! YAY FOR ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment