I love mornings! Each morning is a chance to begin again ... YAY!
For the last week, everything seems to have been off center for me --- eating the right stuff(mostly), but too much, trying to keep my boundaries up(not letting junk in), and having some measure(mainly small) of doubt about my own self worth. Considering I lived in this land of lack of self worth, no thanks to my parents, for my whole life, having a week with off and on periods of self worth issues, is pretty darned good! I don't know if it is hormones, happenings of life, or maybe just part of learning to walk freely in my new found land of being able to be me, whoever I may be, at any given time. Life has it's moments when all does not glitter, but none of that affects who I am in my spirit and soul.
There are still times when what other people do, especially when I question their motives, gets me sidetracked. I forget that what they say and do is them, and that I am unable to change that ... conversely, I don't want their crap and junk to infect my life. It is hard though, sometimes, because the world is full of "players", and regardless of the situation or circumstance, these individuals are always the puppet master of whatever scene they find themselves in. I think what bugs me the most is that this is a STRONG reminder of my father and the narcissistic person he has always been. So, whenever I find myself in a situation where I get a sense of "dad-like" activity, I feel so uncomfortable, and want to exit stage left at the earliest opportunity -- sadly, this is not always an option. There have been a number of these instances in the past week and a half, and I have had to "endure" them, rather than flee, so this may well be the root of my problem ... getting a grip now, working through it, and learning still that I can not control other peoples actions, only my REACTION. Sometimes it is hard being a classy Southern woman, and enduring, but etiquette does demand we do this at times!
On an eating note, gonna try some "skinny noodles' this week -- I love the tofu ones, and thought all were the same -- didn't realize that there was a kind made of some sort of root -- Konnyaku fiber, to be specific --- these actually have zero calories!
And, was really proud of myself last night! We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant last night - they are not known for healthy choices, in case you don't realize this. I brought some items from home to help me out ... fresh tomatoes and chopped green onions, minced garlic, and sliced jalapeno peppers ... 2% shredded cheddar cheese ... reduced fat cream cheese. After much detailed review of the menu, I settled on shrimp fajitas, which came with a salad and refried beans. I gave away the half of my beans that had cheese on them, and only ate half of the half I had left. Then, I added my veggies and a sprinkling of cheese to their lettuce, and switched out their sour cream for mine. Ate the guacamole(mufa's!!), and instead of making 2 fajitas, I just pinched off a few pieces of tortilla and ate them with my shrimp, onions, and bell peppers mix -- and only ate about half of the shrimp mixture. All in all, this was a huge "eating out" victory!!
Well, gotta run -- places to go and things to do today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment