This has been a very fun day!
I have had the day off, which is always nice, but I made my first loaf of whole wheat bread in my bread machine --- needs work -- inside texture is great, but outside is too crusty, so have to find a fix for that. I thought this might be a trial and error experiment, but you know what, I know what went in here, and I know there are no preservatives or enhancers.
The major discovery I have made in the eating portion of this journey, over time, is that the less ingredients, and the more fresh the food, usually this means better nutrition for me. I mean, let's take the bread, for example ... whole wheat flour, water, olive oil, honey, salt, and yeast ... that's it! Simple and fresh ... I love it!
Keeping the grandpup overnight and enjoying him so ~ Magnus is fun to watch, as he is a very busy boy - never seems to stop or slow down much. He actually wears our shepherd pup, Cash, down, which is an accomplishment in and of itself.
Well, y'all, it's off to work on dinner for the hubby and daughter - and me! Having marinated, grilled pork tenderloin, fresh organic, locally grown green beans, steamed potatoes, and of course, fresh sliced bread -- yummy for the tummy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment